- Mix Baking Soda and Cornflour in a saucepan.
- Add the water slowly, mixing over a low heat
- Stir continually to prevent lumps.
- Cook until the mixture looks like mashed potatoes.
- Spread on a pastry board and cover with a damp cloth to cool.
- When cool, kneed well (ten minutes or so).
- Cornflour clay should be stored in an airtight container until used.
- If coloured clay is required just add food colour to suit.
- Clay creations should be baked at 95 degrees c (200 f) for 1 1/2 to 3 hours depending upon it's size.
- Cool and dry for at least 24 hours.